A consortium agreement is an agreement between two colleges or universities to recognize your registration at each location for financial support purposes. It also certifies that only one of the two institutions can manage your Title IV and the financial assistance from the State. In order for all credits to be taken into account, a consortium agreement between UConn and the host school must be concluded before the 10th day of course. To be approved, a minimum of six credits must be completed at UConn for the consortium semester. Students who will enter into a consortium agreement for their studies abroad should access the Education Abroad page for more information. A consortium agreement can be concluded between different legal entities. The financial assistance consortium agreement consists of two parts. The student must complete page 1 and submit to the host institution to complete page 2. The agreement must be fully completed before it can be processed.

A checklist for students can be found below: Based on the above procedures, it is important to allow enough time for all these steps. Ideally, the form arrives well before the first day of payment for the term. Be sure to plan accordingly! Call the host school in advance and ask them what their procedures are for dealing with consortium agreements where they are the host school. Note that as a consortium student, your aid payments may be delayed. 1. Complete the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and register FHSU (code: 001915) as a school to get the information and respond to any requests for additional information. The student`s Institutional Student Information Package (ISIR) will be processed and a scholarship letter will be sent to the student with estimated financial support amounts based on the total registration fee/tuition fee for that semester. The student`s participation fee reflects the actual tuition fees charged by the host and home institution. The remaining costs for books, supplies, accommodation and food, transportation and various expenses are based on the standard cost of participation of the FHSU.

Adjustments will be made at the time of disbursement if the entry changes or if the initial estimates of expenditures differ from actual expenditures.2. Determine the level of registration and make any changes you want before federal financial assistance is provided. The eligibility of the aid may not be changed for any reason after the funds have been paid.3. Submit a consortium agreement form to the FHSU Financial Support Office. A formal institutional consortium agreement is then submitted by the financial aid office of the other school for enrolment. Note: Some institutions can only certify enrollment after 30 days of instruction. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the student to make all necessary arrangements for the payment of fees and books in each school. Financial support can only be paid once the consortium agreement has been certified and returned to the FHSU Grants Office. 4. The Student Tax Services Office will use all available funds to pay for unpaid university fees. The excess financial support is automatically transmitted to the student according to the method selected on TigerEnroll during the registration finalization phase.

It is the student`s responsibility to make payment of fees both at the home institution and at the host institution.5. Unless they are already completed at the HFSU, all federal direct loan borrowers must complete the registration consultation.6. Request an official transcript, which will be sent to the FHSU Registrar`s Office at the end of the consortium agreement semester to determine satisfactory academic progress. This must be completed before the student can receive financial support for the next enrollment period. FAS may initiate a consortium agreement on behalf of a KU student seeking a degree if one or more of the following conditions are met: A grant consortium agreement is an agreement between educational institutions that allows students to participate in financial aid programs while being enrolled in more than one accredited higher education institution. If the host school accepts the terms of the consortium agreement, the form will be completed, signed and returned to KU FAS. Schools are not required to enter into consortium agreements, so it is at the discretion of each institution to enter into such an agreement. Therefore, the consortium agreement is not officially approved until the full agreement and the copy of the host school student`s schedule have been received by faS. The student may not be able to qualify for all types of scholarships that are originally offered if they are not enrolled full-time at KU. The Deputy Director will inform students of the impact on the prices offered if the consortium agreement is approved. In a consortium agreement, the two schools are called “home institution” and “host institution”: if the agreement concerns different business units, the legal relationship of the parties results from the consortium agreement.

A student seeking a degree from another institution may want to enroll in the KU (host school) while receiving financial support from their home institution. The student must apply for the consortium agreement and obtain permission from their home institution. When a legal entity is incorporated, consortium members must work together to ensure that the consortium`s objective is achieved, while properly managing the legal entity in order to benefit from limited liability protection. In our example above, British Aerospace, Aerospace, Construcciones Aeronáuticas SA and DASA formed a consortium and at the same time a legal entity for the consortium where they were each shareholders. Federal regulations do not allow students to receive federal grants from two schools at the same time. By entering into a consortium agreement, a student in the same semester can attend the University of Arizona (UA) and another accredited school (called a “host institution”) and receive federal funding for all units combined. This process benefits the most Pell federal grant recipients enrolled in fewer than 12 units at the AU. You will need to enter into a consortium agreement to confirm that you have qualified to receive Title IV and government grants to support the payment of your host school courses.

Such consortia allow various for-profit companies to combine their technical know-how and pool resources to develop something they would not have developed otherwise. Most of the syndicate agreements processed by LCCC Financial Services stipulate that LCCC is the host institution, which means that the student will not receive their LCCC degree. The student`s home institution processes the student`s financial support. A consortium agreement is a written contract that allows students to study at two institutions at the same time. Under such an agreement, a student may receive financial aid based on the total number of hours of enrolment at both institutions. Schools are not required to enter into consortium agreements. Students who enter into a consortium agreement for their educational work abroad must complete the consortium agreement for students participating in a study abroad program. If you are a recognized student of the consortium agreement at LCCC, your student center`s to-do list in MyCampus indicates the semester of your agreement and that LCCC is your host (i.e. “Fall 2020 Host Consortium Agreement”). This is added so that you know that LCCC has processed your consortium agreement and returned it to your home institution and that any LCCC employee who assists you with student support (i.e. pedagogical advisers, bursar`s office, etc.) knows that you are not eligible for financial assistance with LCCC. If you need help purchasing books or accessories for your LCCC courses before your financial aid is paid (released) at your home institution, you can apply for a prior exemption at the bookstore.

Since students visiting the LCCC do not receive financial aid at the LCCC, they are responsible for paying their tuition, fees and other registration fees at the LCCC. Whether the student pays their fees “out of pocket” directly to LCCC or their home institution pays LCCC directly from the student`s financial support on behalf of the student depends on the home institution`s consortium agreement policy. If we receive the form, we will process it within 24 hours of receiving it, except on weekends. During the payment and the first two weeks of the semester, we are particularly busy and can exceed the processing time by 24 hours. We only accept consortium agreements until the second week of the term. Consortium agreements allow students enrolled in more than one school in a given semester to receive the maximum amount of federal assistance to which they are eligible if they are enrolled in both schools. A student can only receive federal financial aid from one school during a certain semester. If a student is enrolled in more than one school, a consortium agreement between FHSU (the home institution) and another participating school (the host institution) allows a student to count classes from both schools for one semester and receive the maximum amount of financial support to which the student is eligible. If one of the schools decides not to enter into a consortium agreement, a student`s financial support is based solely on enrolment in only one of the schools.

The FHSU Financial Aid Office and any other institution reserve the right to refuse applications for consortium agreements. Talk to your advisor to make sure that the courses you want to take at the “host institution” are transferred to your program of study here. Your advisor will also need to sign the consortium agreement form to verify that the courses are applicable. Remedial courses and vocational/technical courses are not disseminated and very few exceptions are allowed. You cannot use the classes you supervise for the consortium agreement. You are also not allowed to repeat courses that use the consortium agreement without first contacting your advisor and the grants office. .